Wednesday, March 13, 2013

No, I haven't disappeared...

It has been a little over a week since I have posted, but God has been good. It's in times like these that I am reminded of "Why did I ever doubt that He would be there for me"? God has been speaking to me through my surroundings, many of which I have captured through my photographic lens.
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24
Oh what a blessing to get up and see the sun come up - realizing that God has given me one more day this side of eternity to serve Him, to praise His name, to see His beauty, to share His love. Why wouldn't I desire to praise Him?

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven:" Ecc. 3:1
As I stepped outside the other day, I found that the trees are pushing new buds due to warm weather. In looking at the picture later, I was challenged in my daily walk with Christ. Does my life show new growth? Or does it appear to be dying?
"A time to be born, and a time to die...
a time to plant, and time to pluck up that which is planted." Ecc 3:2

"For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:" Isaiah 55:10
Just as rain watereth the ground, so is God's Word to my soul. Do I look forward to meditating in His word each day? Do I drink His promises in like a parched soil? Do I accept His rebuke and apply the remedy as one applies fertilizer to the soil?

Blessings to all!
Andrea

And yes, I am still going through the Psalms. Lord willing, I will post on what He has been teaching me later in the week, maybe the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! :-) Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An unplanned time away can be such a blessing! Though I thought of posting different times, I realized I needed to re-focus and draw strength from God through the moment.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Some days it can just be ramblings, but I hope it has blessed you! "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Ephesians 4:12. Blessings!