Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wait! - Psalms 27:14

WAIT!

What does it mean to wait? According to Merriam Webster, "wait" says to remain stationary in readiness or expectation, to pause for another to catch up, to look forward expectantly, to serve or be ready or available. "Wait" according to Strong's Concordance is to look for, hope or expect.
In looking at each of the individual definitions, I found that they all fell in one of two categories. One was that of serving and the other was that of being ready. So what did David mean in Psalm 27:14. The verse is as follows:

"Wait on the LORD: 
be of good courage
and he shall strengthen thine heart: 
wait, I say, on the LORD."

In this verse, David appears to be reminding us to be ready to go at a moment's notice. That thought truly convicted me. Am I living my day to the fullest, all while being prepared to go when God says "GO." That thought alone can be scary at times. What if God calls me to pack up and move or maybe just to minister to the sister in my backyard? I can testify to such moments and praise God that He strengthened my heart in those moments.

As David further says, "be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart." So if God calls me to move or to minister to the sister, all He asks is that we have courage. He promises to strengthen us in those moments. 

So with the promise of God by my side, I am challenged to wait and be ready at any moment to do what He calls me to do. I challenge each of you to also wait! He will give you the strength to do the task before you!

Blessings!
Andrea

The first post to 52 weeks of Psalms. We are studying Psalms 28 this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Some days it can just be ramblings, but I hope it has blessed you! "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Ephesians 4:12. Blessings!