Monday, February 25, 2013

God's Will for My Life

A common question:

What is God's Will for my life?






















We desire to know His Will when we come to the crossroads of choosing a career, a life partner, whether or not to serve in the home mission field or move to a foreign mission...These three are just a few of the many decisions that we look to God for wisdom. 

Discerning His Will is a way of life for the Christian.



He is to be my first counsel, not my emergency backup. In failing to daily acknowledge Him, my life counts for little. God is playing an immense part in my life and I have a part to play as well. 

His will is to be my priority!

We are His - My body, my life is His. I have been brought with a price. As a daughter of His, I am responsible to glorify Him with my body, my life and to do the will of God. They are not rightfully my own. My Father has purchased them!(John 4:34, I Corinthians 6:19-20) His purchase is His gift to me (Ephesians 2:8-10)

The Five "C's" of receiving God's Will

Conversion:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. John 12:24

Commitment:
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12: 1-2

Confession:
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

Concern:
Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. Ephesians 5:17

Compliance:
Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eye-service, as men-pleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons. Colossians 3:22-25

Blessings as you seek God's Will this week!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Some days it can just be ramblings, but I hope it has blessed you! "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Ephesians 4:12. Blessings!