Saturday, February 2, 2013

Protection...

As I drove 19 miles from work to my home; a trip that on an average day takes 35-40 minutes, however one that tonight took 70-75 minutes, I was reminded of the protection that daily surrounds us. You see, tonight the temperatures had dropped 19°F and the roads were covered in white. The Lord had sent SNOW for us to enjoy!
Beautiful snow: captured a year ago
As I slowly made my way home on the treacherous roads, many verses came to mind. "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father." Matt 10.29. Amidst the billions of people that fill this earth, I was reminded that He sees each individual traffic predicament that we encounter. And not just tonight, but every day as we go about daily activities, He shelters us with His protection. On an average, I travel 300+ miles in a week (no extracurricular, just necessities). I was struck to the core when I reflected at how little I thank Him for His protection. Each of my living moments is made possible by His protection. Serious?! Sobering?! Embarrassing?! Frightening?! Yes, to each of those and the many more adjectives that one can think of in response to those questions.

Or what about the spiritual battle that we find in our lives? So often, in my human mind, I forget that, with God at my side, I armed with all the protection I need. For "if God be for us, who can be against us...for I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:31, 38-39. God's protection, in such a time, is His armor.  Way too often, I attempt to do it on my own and with my own shabby armor. I forget that He is waiting to help me, if only I ask. When I face my next battle, will I reach for my shabby outfit or will I cling to the promise of God and stand tall, attired with His Armor. Am I continuously ready for the battle, attired in God's protection? Or do I wait for the moment when I find myself surrounded and then struggle to prepare for battle?
I have been challenged to the core to remember the protection that surrounds me and to thank my Lord daily for His guiding in my life. I may never know what might have happened if I would have left 10 minutes earlier or forgot to take the moment to pray. 

Stay strong!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Some days it can just be ramblings, but I hope it has blessed you! "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Ephesians 4:12. Blessings!