Tuesday, June 29, 2010

#18 Class Time, cutting grass...

This post was an email update that was sent out during my time spent in Nicaragua from 2009 to 2011. I started posting them here when some of my friends who had not received them, wanted to see and hear about the work there: Post One of Nicaraguan Updates.

Home where we'll all be together again...home where our praise to the Lamb will never end...I'm going home, where I'll walk the streets of gold and never see a tear again...I'm going where all our dreams become reality...We'll soon be there, sitting round the tree of life, within the presence of our King...
As I was sitting here at my computer, thinking of how fast time has flown. It just seems like yesterday I had bought a ticket to fly home to visit my family. That time has come and gone and I am back in Nicaragua, spending time with those dear to my heart here. As I was thinking of the time I spent at home with my family, one of my favorite songs came to my mind. Home - talking about the heavenly home that is waiting each of us. A place where we will never say good-bye again! A place where we will not see a tear! As I listen to this song, it makes me homesick for HOME. It is my desire as I pass each day here, I might make an impact on someone's life and they might realize that HOME is also for them. Our time to go HOME is rapidly approaching. Are you...Am I ready for this day? I just want to leave this as a challenge to each of you.
              
    It has been raining quite a bit. The week before I flew home to my family we had several people from La Palmerita here to cut the grass. I forget exactly how many it took for them to cut the entire yard. Jaren & Jarell also had fun cutting the grass around the house. It gave them something to do when it was nice outside. Mike & Esther arrived June 3rd and left June 22nd. It was a blessing to have them here. With them also came Mike's sister, Melanie. It was great to get to know her. They stayed in Randy & Laura's house while Randy's were spending time in the States. While they were here, there were revivals in Leon. Philip Ebersole from Honduras was here as the evangelist. It was a blessing to be there and to be encouraged and challenged by each of his messages.
    While I was visiting my family in the States, our church here in La Palmerita had our 2nd baptism. Johanna, a young mother with 3 boys, is now a member of our congregation. She definitely does not have an easy life, but just pray for her as she desires to walk in the Lord and in His will for her. Right now her youngest son, Juancito, is not with her, as his father-Juan left to go work and took Juancito with him. I have been blessed getting to know her and she is a great inspiration as she she strives to serve the Lord in all that she does. She is the 2nd member to be added to our congregation here in La Palmerita.   
         
     It was great to get back and to teach each one of my classes. Saturday morning I had girls' class and had the largest attendance yet. Five young girls showed up, even though it had been raining several times that morning. I was blessed to have each of them here and to spend time with them, studying the Bible and also teaching them how to sew. Sunday morning, my Sunday School class was large as well. I had 8 boys and 1 girl. I wasn't sure what to expect as Virginia had said they had been pretty bad on Wednesday night. But praise the Lord, He hears and answers prayers. They were very well behaved and class went very well. They were enjoying class so much, our class went longer then the adult class!
     On Monday, Randy & Virginia took the baby pigs to Leon to try and sell them. They did rather well and sold all 6 of them to one person and were home before lunch. it seems just a little strange to only have 2 little pigs here any more. On the 5th we all went to Leon for the fasting service. When we returned, charlotte the mother pig was dead. We are not sure what exactly happened so we just have 2 small ones here any more.
    Ramon (the above picture) is the other member in our congregation. He celebrated his 21st birthday the beginning of June. He has been a member of the congregation for 2 years. He teaches reading classes in Rota 4 days a week as well as participates in church services.
    The month of July is looking pretty full. This evening we will be going to Managua to pickup the girls that are coming with SMBI's WATER program. We will also be having revival meetings in La Palmerita. Timo Schrock will be coming from Waslala as the evangelist. I just ask that you would lift him up in prayer and also pray for the community that the binds of Satan would be broken and the people would realize their need for a Saviour.
 
Blessings to you as you serve our Risen Lord, Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Some days it can just be ramblings, but I hope it has blessed you! "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Ephesians 4:12. Blessings!