Friday, November 27, 2009

#5 For thy mercy is great above the heavens...

This post was an email update that was sent out during my time spent in Nicaragua from 2009 to 2011. I started posting them here when some of my friends who had not received them, wanted to see and hear about the work there. You can access an entire list here.
For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds. Psalms 108:4 How true!! Laura snapped this picture one evening at church, while I was teaching class. I have seen so many gorgeous sunsets & sunrises here in Nicaragua. The night sky is just spectacular. The stars are so bright!
It seems so different to be spending Thanksgiving Day in a place, where you don’t need coats and shoes, but that doesn't stop me from being thankful. I have so much to be thankful for:
©   An AWESOME God, with great plans in focus for me
©   The plan of Salvation
©   New day with life, breath, and many opportunities for the day.
©   A Godly Heritage
©   Friends & Family, who are supporting me in many different ways
©   Each of my fellow team members
©   This is just a few – There are so many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davy’s youth group left and Richard’s grandparents came-Donald & Lena Mae Burkholder. They brought a small bag along from my parents JJThat was great to get some things from home. Sunday night, November 15th, we had staff church at Krista & Karen’s house. It was a great evening- hearing a message from Dale Eby and just spending time together as staff. We had Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Fruit Salad, Honey-bun Cake and Coffee. Twas a marvelous evening!!


Since I wrote last, there has been a new addition to our family here in Nicaragua JJ Randy’s cow finally decided to have her baby. He wasn't a small calf, so Randy & Laura ended up pulling the calf. Proved for some excitement around here. He is an adorable little thing but he isn't going to stay too little, too long. He has a cute patch of brown on the top of his head.

We came out from the church service one Sunday morning to see that we had a flat tire on the truck. So we changed that before we could go home. That night we went into Leon for staff church and when we went to leave, we had another flat tire. As of now, we do not have the white truck, as it is having some repairs done



Here are some of the new babies around here. Laura is holding Estrella de Nazaret – Star of Nazareth. Enma – the center lady is holding her grandson and Yuibelka with her little girl. I have hold each of them and they are all so adorable. The first 2 live in La Palmerita and the last one lives in Leon.


Here are just some random pictures of some of the children in La Palmerita. So many of them I do not yet have names for yet, but I know with time, that will come. Each of these come to church Wednesday night and Sunday morning, but there is so many that do not come at all. 

One little girl is not allowed because her mother thinks that she is going to play and she does not believe that she is going to a class to study the Bible. Just this week, we went out to Center Street in La Palmerita to see a little boy’s hand. He was born with deformed hands, so just recently they did surgery to cut apart his fingers. He now has 3 fingers and one deformed thumb on the one hand. I washed his hand good and put Triple Antibiotic Cream on the fingers, with gauze between the fingers and wrapped it in a handkerchief to keep the dirt off. The first time I saw his hand after surgery  it looked pretty bad, but with each passing day, it looks a little better.


This is some of the children from the Wednesday night class that I teach at church. The first night I taught didn’t go so swell, but since then they have gone pretty well, except when you go to pass out scissors JJThey proceed to yell the color of scissors that they wantJJ I enjoy teaching them and with time & God, things will flow smoothly and I will be able to understand more and more of what they say.


On Monday, Virginia and I went to La Palmerita for the afternoon to due a little visiting and pass out some things that Dawn sent down for people. Jason and Randy went to Jason house to work on the pila.  They were cementing  the bottom of it when we stopped in before heading to Johanna’s to visit her.


Monday thru Wednesday, the guys spent the morning picking the field corn. We now have a nice pile of corn out behind Randy’s house and we turned the animals loose in the field to feed.

This week has been a different week for me. Virignia left Tuesday morning with Ramon and went to Waslala for Teacher’s Meetings. I never lived by myself before, so this is an experience but there is still work to do, even with only one person in the house. This morning, I weed-eated behind the house, watered the plants and cleaned the laundry and bathroom. Tomorrow I will clean the kitchen good and who knows what else I will do JJ


In HIS Service in Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Some days it can just be ramblings, but I hope it has blessed you! "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Ephesians 4:12. Blessings!