Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hearing from the Psalms...

It has been quite sometime since I wrote regarding the journey through Psalms. I decided to combine my thoughts of the last couple weeks. Psalms 66 focuses on "remembering what God had done and being thankful."

We are called to praise Him for what he has done. It gives a look into the future when all shall bend knee and worship God: 
                   All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee;
             they shall sing to thy name. Selah. Psalms 66.4
Reference is made to many great things God has done, including the parting of the waters for the Israelites as they left Egypt. Although that was a "big" thing that God had done, we are reminded to be praise Him for the small things that He does in our lives as well. He is in our life at every moment and shapes our life.

Verses 13-20 reflect our response to what He has done for us. I will offer sacrifices, I cried unto Him with my mouth. What is my true response, when I feel the effect of God working in my life? I am afraid too often I brush it by without a second thought, when my immediate response should be that of immediate and constantly thanking Him for the wonder He has wrought  in my life. 

In reading this passage, I realize how lax I have come in thanking God for what He has done and continues to do in my life. But as the verse 20 reminds us, He has not turned away from our prayers. If we come to him in prayer, He has never turned away from us, even when we forget Him-a remainder to me that He loves me and cares about me. Why then should I not praise Him every opportunity that I have.


Blessings on your week, Andrea

♥Life is not measured by the breaths you take, 
but by the moments that take away your breath♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Some days it can just be ramblings, but I hope it has blessed you! "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Ephesians 4:12. Blessings!