Thursday, May 12, 2011

#37: Rain

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 
Isaiah 55:10-11
 
    These verses came to my mind last night as I watched the dark clouds form and it started to rain. The parched ground just seemed to open and willingly, eagerly receive the soft, gentle rain. As I pondered the thought, I thought of the task the Lord has place before us “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:” Matt 28:19. We, as believers are called to teach and live God’s Word, and in a sense our witness is the soft, gentle rain to a dry, parched soul in need of a refreshing drink – God’s Word. I want to leave that as a challenge to each of you – Spread some of God’s rain today!
051011 Update
    After spending 2 weeks visiting my family and friends in PA, it was time to come back to Nicaragua. I enjoyed my time but I was also anxious to come back and get back into the grind here. On May 3rd, it was time to return and my father took me to meet Keith & Christine Nolt and their family on Linden Grove Road. Keith & Christine were also flying to Nicaragua that day as well and I flew with them. Keith & Christine have 4 children: Megan-8, Riley-5, Ava-2, and Owen-7 weeks. We flew out of BWI at 11:45. The children all did very well on the flights. One of them did get a little sick on the last flight, but all in all they did great. I was impressed on how well they all did. We were all so ready to get away from airports and airplanes. It was so great to arrive to my home here in Nicaragua.
IMG_7022
    Please pray for Keith & Christine and their family as they adjust to life here in Nicaragua. They have already got a “good” taste of life without electricity. The electric went out around 9:00 Tuesday night and didn’t return till 4:30 Wednesday morning. It was hot and humid and hardly anyone got sleep. Some of the native neighbors also said they were unable to sleep, because of the heat. Keith & Christine have started with language school this week. They are studying here in the house and at the current time, Jason is their teacher. While they are studying in the morning, I have the pleasure of baby-sitting the children. I am enjoying baby-sitting them – it has been great.
05 May 2011
    Randy & Laura’s little boys had great fun spending time with Keith & Christine’s children. One of the first nights they were here the boys came inside covered in dust and dirt from head to toe. In the picture above, from left to right: Megan, Riley & Nick, Ava, and Riley & Nick again, but all dirty. I think the children might go through withdrawal after they are separated when Randy’s move to their new house.
051011 Update-1
    Little by little, inch by inch the work at Randy’s house is coming along. They have several walls painted in each of the rooms. They painted the boys’ room blue. The kitchen is beige with the one wall being a green. Keith made the cabinets for the kitchen. Laura and I spent a morning sanding down the cabinets and preparing them for painting. At the current time, they are working on the bathroom. They need to clean out the well, as a cat fell into the well. Please pray for Randy & Laura as they continue to work on the house and for strength as they make the move to their new house and get adjusted to the newness.
    It has been great to be back and to get into the grind once again. It was great to see everyone again and to spend time with my friends in La Palmerita. I had an enjoyable time with the each of the ladies on Tuesday and I am looking forward to my girls’ class on Saturday. Please pray for us as we continue to work with each of the people here in El Terrero and La Palmerita.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Some days it can just be ramblings, but I hope it has blessed you! "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Ephesians 4:12. Blessings!